Updated: Nov 4, 2020
Temperatures are starting to rise as we get closer to the summer. But who wants to turn on the oven when it’s in the 80s? Nobody. Who wants to enjoy a cool treat? Everybody!
My frozen mojito pie is a super easy no bake dessert that is incredibly refreshing. Just one bite will transport you back to your last beach vacation when you were able to relax by the water sipping a mojito. In this recipe I skip the white rum and tequila, focusing only on the mint and lime flavors (such a good flavor combo!). Skipping the alcohol means you can enjoy this dessert completely guilt-free! If you somehow manage to not eat it all in one day, this pie can be stored in the fridge for up to one month for an emergency dessert.
I say this pie is guilt-free because every single component of the pie is a superfood. I use pecans for the crust, but feel free to use any nut you wish. I love pecans. They’re still relatively new to me since they don’t grow in Ukraine. But pecans are the only major native nut that grows in the US. Fifteen states produce pecans. Pecans love a warm climate, so I see them all over the place now that we live in the lowcountry. They are a very fatty nut that is so deliciously rich in flavor. That’s probably why I like them so much!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Chilling Time: 3-4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours
Author: Inna of innichkachef.com
1¼ cup roasted pecans
1¼ cup dates
Pinch of sea salt
2-3 tablespoons brewed coffee or water
Pie Filling Ingredients
3 big or 4 small avocados
3 tablespoons raw honey (add more if you like really sweet desserts)
⅓ cup lime juice, freshly squeezed (about 3 limes)
⅓ cup mint leaves
Slices of lime for decoration
Mint few leaves for decoration
1 can coconut milk (cream only), cold from refrigerator
1. To make the crust, add all crust ingredients to the food processor and blend. Scrape the sides once in a while. You will be done when it looks like dough.
2. Pour the crust into a pie pan, then press and shape the dough with your fingers until it looks like a regular pie crust.
3. Put the crust in the freezer to chill out for an hour or so.
4. To make the filling, add all filling ingredients to the food processor and pulse a few times until everything has a smooth consistency.
5. Pour the filling into the crust and return to the freezer for a few hours.
6. To make the toppings, pour cream and honey into a mixing bowl with the whisk attachment. Whisk for about 5 minutes until the cream becomes thick.
7. Decorate with your own wisdom.
I hope you'll make this recipe soon. If you do, please tag me #innichka_chef on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest.